Write Your Own Questions for Triviador!!!
Upon reaching Level 13, you will be able to write & submit new Questions for Triviador.
|Art||Biology & Chemistry||Entertain-
The Questions in all Triviador games are written, rated & reviewed entirely by the community of players in each game. For example, players who have an account in Triviador World can write and submit (as well as rate and review) Questions to the game at any time via the Library building in the game's Village Map. Because players in each game are primarily from the country that corresponds to that version of the game, the Questions found in that game very accurately reflect the points of view, interests and general world-view of that country & its players. If we compare Triviador USA to Triviador World, you will find many more Questions about baseball in Triviador USA than in Triviador World. Conversely, there are more Question in Triviador World about football (aka Soccer) than in Triviador USA.
The purpose of having different versions of Triviador is not to limit the Questions just to one particular game (i.e. Triv USA = USA based Questions; Triv Deutschland = German-based Questions). We would like to see Questions about EVERYTHING in EVERY game. The idea of the different games is to give people a chance to play in their own language and on a map of their own country, and to have the Questions generated by native speakers who understand the nuances of their language, culture, history, world knowledge, etc.
- Begin by clicking on the Library building in the Village.
- At the top of the window, click on the Subject for which you would like to write and submit Questions. The Subject marked with the "Pencil" icon represent's the Subject for the current "Weekly Question Challenge".
- At the bottom of the window, choose which kind of Question you would like to write by clicking on the Green "Add" button:
- Guess Questions
- Multiple Choice Questions
- You can choose the Subject you want to write a Question for by clicking on the Subject Icon Tabs at the top of the window. Alternatively, if you are in the Guess Question or Multiple Choice Question window, you can switch Subjects by clicking on the "Change Subject" button.
- Create your Question and Answer options by filling in all text fields in the Question window.
- You can view the status of your Questions and all of your Statistics by clicking on the "Show Statistics" button. Here you can scroll and view all of the Questions you have submitted in each Subject over time, and all of the details pertaining to each.
When a Question is submitted, it is sent to the "Question Mini-Quiz". There, player-written Questions will be reviewed and rated by other players. This is called the "Qualifying Round". The top 200 best-rated Guess Questions, and the top 200 best-rated Multiple Choice Questions will go on to the "Final Round". During this last stage, the Questions are sent to the Site Administrator. They are then reviewed, fact-checked, checked against the existing Question database for duplicates, and checked for grammar and wording. The Questions are then either deleted, or entered into the game by the Administrator. Once sent to the game, the Questions become available to players within 10 minutes approximately.
The most common reasons for rejecting a Question include:
- Question already in the game's Database
- Cannot be fact checked / multiple possible answers
- Poorly worded / very bad grammar and/or punctuation
Note: we do our best to correct grammar and spelling mistakes, but if the Question is incomprehensible, we reject it
- Insensitive / discriminatory (i.e.: racist, sexist, etc.)
- Inappropriately worded / composed for Question type
Example: Questions with approximate Answers are NOT appropriate for Guess Questions, but are better suited as Multiple Choice Questions
Note: We at Triviador do NOT write Questions, nor do we delete submitted Questions for personal reasons... we try to keep it in the hands of the players as much as is possible. Our role is to just do the final review to make sure the Questions fit the criteria mentioned above.
The following are some basic rules writing new Questions:
- Submit only your own Question(s) into the game. DO NOT COPY Questions from another quiz/trivia game, or other sources.
- DO NOT spam our game with hundreds of submissions. All your Questions will be deleted, and your account may be permanently deleted as well.
- Questions should be interesting, thought-provoking, and should be written in a way that the players will be able to clearly understand what is being asked.
- If you create a Multiple Choice Question, please fill in ALL 4 possible answers
- If you create a Guess Question, the answer should be a whole number, with no decimals. Avoid asking for approximate answers - the answer must be exact.
- Please use a spell-checker and make sure to use proper punctuation, such as quotation marks around titles and capitalization of proper names, places, etc.
- Capitalize all 4 possible answers in Multiple Choice Questions.
- Use common sense! If something is very popular, such as the recent death of a well-known and popular person, it is safe to assume that we will receive dozens (if not hundreds) of questions on that specific topic. Please, do NOT waste your time as all but ONE of this kind of Question will be rejected into the game.
Every week there is a Weekly Question Challenge in a particular Subject (indicated with a "Pencil" icon). Players can still submit Questions for other Subjects, but the Questions will be stored until that specific Subject comes up in the Weekly Question Challenge.
Players whose Questions are put into the game, will receive a Question Sender Statue!